Don't get me wrong, I love it!
However, often times we are feeding several people on a budget! Chicken seems to always be the way to go and it's so easy! I wanted to share my favorite Chicken Fajita recipe for all to try.
What I love about this recipe is you can easily change the quantity you are making to accomdate the crowd in the home. And as a bonus, you'll get everyone's tummy's rumbling as they smell the goodness slowly cooking throughout the house!
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/4 to ½ cup chicken broth, depending on preference (leave this out if you prefer a drier fajita filling)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Fajita fixings
- Combine sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot.
- Lay chicken on top of veggies.
- Pour chicken broth over top.
- Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (or on High for 4 hours) or until meat is shreddable.
- When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices. Serve meat mixture with slotted spoon on tortillas with your choice of fixing