Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Frozen Berry Delight

Whenever we have company, I guess I try to out-do myself each time. It's not normal for me to try something new on a night when company comes over but in this case I was so excited about this recipe that I couldn't help myself!

Last night my grandparents were scheduled to stay the night while traveling between southern Florida and Texas. We were fortunate enough to have my dad fly in the same night! We decided that since dad had a couple of hours to kill we would all get together for dessert. 

Wanting to out-do any restaurant in the area, I set out to find the most lavish-looking dessert I could possibly make under 10$ - and I found it. I like to call it:

Frozen Berry Delight


INGREDIENTS:
 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker double chocolate chip cookie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 egg
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (I just used frozen berries)
4 containers (4 oz each) Yoplait Whips! Raspberry mist yogurt (you can use whatever flavor you like, I used Strawberry)
1 cup whipping cream, whipped (Heavy Whipping Cream balanced out the sweetness of the crust)
2 tablespoons hot fudge topping
1 cup fresh blueberries (Again, I used frozen)

 Mix together cookie mix, oil, water, and egg; drop 6 1Tbls cookies onto a greased tray. Press remaining dough in the bottom and 1 inch up sides of spring-form pan. Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes.

 In medium bowl, fold 1/2 cup raspberries into yogurt; spread evenly over crust. Crumble cookies; sprinkle over yogurt mixture. Carefully spread whipped cream evenly over cookie crumbs. Freeze 4 to 5 hours or until firm. Remove sides of pan.


 Drizzle 1 tablespoon fudge topping over dessert. Top with blueberries and remaining raspberries. Drizzle with remaining fudge topping. Store in freezer.
I served this frozen to our guests and everyone loved it! A sweet cookie crust, a mousy-yogurt center, topped with a creamy whipped topping... I could just drool!  So next time you need to fancy up your dessert for a guest, this is a top runner to choose from!


No comments:

Post a Comment