Recently I've had the pleasure of helping my dear friend Julie throw a few parties from their newly purchased home.
The first was our Harry Potter themed party. We scoured the internet for food ideas and decorative additives for the party. Julie did an amazing job decorating the table and assembling so many tasty treats!
- Here is the menu we served to the guests:
- Pumpkin Dip - a mix of pumpkin, whip cream and more. Dip some cinnamon crackers in it!
- Chocolate Frogs - a mold purchased off eBay. Used a high quality chocolate in the mold.
- Herbology Platter - Veggies to balance out the sweets
- Dragon Bites - Jalapeno poppers; Jalapenos stuffed with Cream Cheese and wrapped in Bacon.
- Chocolate Wands - Large pretzels dipped in melted Chocolate Bark.
- Goblin Eyes - Sweet and Sour Italian Meatballs.
- Pumpkin Pasties - Sugar cookies cut out like pumpkins
- Golden Snitches - Nutter Butter Balls dipped in yellow chocolate
- Muggle Food - chips and salsa for some balance.
We took some empty bottles and filled them with colored water and named them after Harry Potter Potions from the books: Essense of Dittany, Bloodroot, Veritaserum, Felix Felicitus, Phoenix Tears, and Amortentia.
The party was a huge success and we had a blast.
A few weeks later Julie was throwing her daughter's first birthday and asked for my help. The theme was Layla's Sweet Shop. Julie and her husband made most of the treats and Eric and I were able to arrive early to help hang streamers, place chairs, and refill platters as needed.
Everything was so colorful and delicious. Among the cupcakes we served lolipop sugar cookies, Trix Rice Krispies, Chocolate covered pretzels dipped in sprinkles, a big jar of Jolly Ranchers, a veggie tray, chips and salsa, mini corn dogs, Nutter Butter Balls, and mini sandwich rolls. Mixed throughout the table were little dishes of button candies and chocolates.
Needless to say by the end we were all sugared out and the kids were quite hyper. Everyone got a goodie bag at the end to take home some treats left from the table.
After all this party planning I'm thinking Julie and I should start our own party business! We always have a blast working together and enjoy hosting friends and family. Just let us know if you need a party put together!