Friday, November 15, 2013

Grab Green Disposal Pods

One of my favorite features of our home is the Garbage Disposal system in our Kitchen Sink. I never thought I would ever use one in my life - so I feel slightly spoiled.

However - Sometimes I'll wake up in the morning to a horrid stench coming from the kitchen... 

The Culprit? 

Mr. Garbage Disposal, in the Kitchen, with the Sink!

I began my search for a green solution to defeating the horrid monster stench that I could make myself. I came across the idea of using Ice Cubes filled with a mixture of Vinegar and Lemon Peels that has brought the stench to it's knees. 

One simple drop of an ice cube (stored in a sealed, freezer-safe container), a little hot water, and a lot of loud grinding and the job is done!


Ingredients: 
The peels from 2-3 lemons
1.5 cups of Distilled Vinegar

Directions: 
Chop Peels into small slices and add 1-2 to each cube tray
Pour vinegar evenly into every cube tray
Place tray in freeze and let freeze
Remove cubes into a gallon sized freezer bag for storage. 

And it's that simple! I only use one cube each time so they last me forever. Hope you enjoy this green solution for your disposal monster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment