Thursday, May 22, 2014

Full Term Gitters - Week 37

At last our baby can come and our baby is safe! At this point his lungs are mostly developed and an early arrival has very minimal risk.

Now, the anxiousness is settling in. This baby could come when he wants!!

Oh how this has been a big week though! First came the arrival of my mother. She's going to be camping out in our living room until a few weeks after the baby is born - so thankful for the help of my best friend!

My mom - my teacher - my friend
Then we had our baby shower on Saturday where we were blessed by the generosity and fellowship of the ladies in my life here in Tampa. My mom was able to share a few words of blessing for Roo and we played a few games guessing baby food and guessing the baby's name. Then we had to haul it all back to our home!

The blessing of our friends' generosity is overwhelming!


After the shower was over we got to shop till we dropped - almost literally in my case - for the rest of the needed items for our son. Although my home felt like a box of puzzle pieces, it was comforting to know that we are mostly prepared for his arrival. Not to mention comforting to get all the great discounts we did with gift cards and so on!

It all has to go somewhere!
Over the week we spent our time organizing and working on little projects. I won't reveal too much of the nursery nook as I am saving that for a post of it's own, but we did get the bed set up, the shelf for his clothes/books/diapers, as well as the rocking chair placed in it's permanent residence. We had to do a bit of rearranging with our bed to fit Roo into our room, but I think we were successful.

We enlisted the help of a few people over the week to assemble some of the much needed items!




I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible... but you know me! Can't sit still for more than five minutes.

We decided to go with a Pack and Play for Roo as we live in a small one bedroom. This allowed for one less piece of furniture to store as well as a changing table which we had not anticipated having.

Assembled and set up his bed
We've collected several pieces of artwork as well for the nursery nook - Star Wars themed of course! I could a couple of hours out my day and was able to line them all up straight and make them permanent. (Artwork to be revealed soon!)

Don't worry... I didn't leave them empty

The rest of my week looked like this...


Doing laps and soaking in the sun as we wait for our little one to arrive. It's so wonderful to have my mother here to keep me company during the days and the support of my husband to deal with the anxiety!

Oh and here's a lopsided Roo for you - Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment