Friday, February 7, 2014

Flutters for Daddy - Week 23

Today marks 23 weeks of pregnancy but also has a special mile marker for our family.

Today Daddy got to feel Baby Roo for the very first time!

I've been impatient with our child as he only ever so slightly kicks inside me. I think he's trying to trick us because the moment he starts kicking and I grab Eric's hand to feel - Baby Roo stops...

Come on man, seriously??

But today, as we curled up to fight off the cold weather of the Florida Winter (yes this does happen when you're adjusted to 100 degree weather on a daily basis), Eric finally got to feel the little kick of our little man.

We've known since our ultrasound that he's an active little guy. As I mentioned in my post "The Most Wonderful Sight of the Year" Baby Roo was all curled up in a ball grabbing at his feet, then suddenly he would kick straight out to almost a standing position. The technician had a hard time getting a good shot of his face because he was too wiggly.



It's been an adventure getting used to his kicks and twists, mostly they start when I'm in a stretched out or lying down position. This makes for going to sleep more difficult; one - because I'm so enamored by the life moving inside of me that I can't get enough, and two - it's annoying once the wonder of it all fades by 2am and I'm still staring at the ceiling.

Well that's really about it for this week so far. Baby Roo is about 1.5lbs. light and 11 inches long (the size of a large mango). One thing that brought comfort to us is that now in case of an emergency, Baby Roo's lungs have developed enough that he has a higher chance of survival in case of an emergency delivery at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment