Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Easy Skillet Chicken Parm

My poor husband. He loves fish - but never gets to eat it because I don't know how to make it nor do I like eating it. We usually resolve this dilemma by, on occasion, eating out and he will order some sort of seafood dish. However from time to time he asks me to make one of his childhood memory dishes that contain some odd-to-me smelling fish.

This time he wanted his mom's, family-famous Cream Tuna on Toast - YUCK!
 
So that leaves me in the lurch when this happens, having to prepare two meals at once. With a refrigerator that is nearly empty I wasn't sure what to swing together for myself so I decided to improvise!
 
I came up with an easy recipe for Skillet Chicken Parm.


 
What You'll Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 1/2 cups  Traditional Italian Sauce (I like Classico)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces) 
 
 

How to Make It
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
 
Stir the sauce and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in the skillet.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Sprinkle with the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese.  Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  

Obviously I didn't make 6 chicken breasts for myself. I reduced everything down for 1 chicken. You can put the entire pan in the oven after sprinkling the chesses on it to crust the cheese, but I found it melted was sufficient for me.

The entire meal took me 25 minutes to prepare and cook, so I starred the recipe card in my box and will use it again!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment